Something that really touched me during the first three weeks of learning and development classes with our Professor is the “Power of yet”, “Plan your work and work your plan” and “I do, we do and you do concept”. These are not just the words they have big meanings behind them. These were the words that I have never come across in my life until before getting into my B’ed program.
The power of yet: This sentence has so much meaning behind it. Just adding the simple word yet can actually make you do wonders. The best thing is that, “Yet” is for everybody whether it is a teacher or a student or a parent. As teachers, we should always follow the power of yet, keep trying hard and do not fear failures. This attitude will help our students to foster self-confidence and growth-mindset.
OTU
Plan your work and work your plan: It is important to plan our work ahead of time and come prepared as teachers every time to the classroom with a mindset. This is very exciting as we should work and execute our plan in the classroom to make it more engaging for students and create successful positive learning environments.
I do-we do-you do: I personally find this method of teaching students very interesting with a mind set. The teacher first demonstrates the lesson, then students and teacher do it together as a group in a class and last, but not the least student will do it alone individually and show the knowledge and understanding of the lesson.
I am very delighted that I am a part of a B’ed in Ontario Tech university and learning great teaching methods and strategies to make a better future for myself and for hundreds of young students around me.
FatimaS@OTU
No comments:
Post a Comment