Thursday, January 28, 2021

Coding- Scratch

Coding in Scratch is a free online programming language that breaks coding down into blocks so learning coding can be accessible to younger ages. (Ex. I coded the cat figures or any figure to walk on the square and must more)

Why do we want to learn to code? "Coding is fun" is the most that I heard from the students when they design their own and with their ideas what they could create. The creating activities that engage the students. After finishing one design from coding the feeling of accomplishment I had when I created my first code program. Coding is a challenging puzzle that uses computational thinking to understand the complex problem or develop possible solutions. The more challenge in coding makes me feel rewarded and accomplished. 

This example is one coding program that I had experience working on https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/478233955

"Scratch is a visual programming environment that allows users (primarily ages 8 to 16) to learn computer programming while working on personally meaningful projects such as animated stories and games." (Maloney et al., 2010)

Scratch can be used to teach spatial sense while also learning to code. Learning block coding that can later transition into a better understanding of real coding languages. While learning how to code, students and teachers can learn mathematics concepts at the same time. I Have fun while doing it!

Chi Nguyen-EDU-498 OTECA

No comments:

Post a Comment