Friday, March 12, 2021

Daily Physical Activity for Virtual Classroom

Daily Physical Activity for Virtual Classroom

When I started this semester, I learned daily physical activity is a classroom requirement. When hearing this I wondered to myself "how am I supposed to do that with a virtual classroom?". I didn't think it would be practical or effective until I saw the resource my associate teacher uses for her grade 5 class: it is a YouTube Channel called "Get Kids Moving". 

They have tons of short exercise videos with all kinds of themes ranging from Harry Potter to Batman. The videos feature the instructor demonstrating the exercises while in character and supported by epic background music. Even the names of the exercises stick to the theme of the video. I was very impressed at the quality that went into these videos, and more importantly all the students were following along with the exercises with enthusiasm.

 

Here is a link to the Professor Snape "Defensive Spells" Workout:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAUabrugO1g ... check it out


For more links to wonderful "Get Kids Moving", click this >>>>> GET KIDS MOVING

Courtesy of Andrew@NU

No comments:

Post a Comment