Sunday, May 1, 2022

Posters for Short Novels

Something that I saw in a school this week when I was teaching I found an incredibly cool concept that the teacher did with her Grade 6&7 class.  The teacher had her students write a short novel and then made posters for the novel. At the bottom of each poster she had a barcode that you could scan with your phone and the students had made a trailer for the movie version of their novel.  The students were telling me what they had to do to make the trailer.  All of the students were saying how all the work that they did for this assignment didn't even feel like work. 


I later found the teacher and asked her about it, she told me the process that she went through and how it engaged her students on a whole new level.  I loved this idea and if I did ever teach Grade 6&7 this would definitely be something I would try to implement. It really does show a different way and experience of using and adding technology to the classroom.

By Rachel B@NU (OTECC)

No comments:

Post a Comment