Monday, October 31, 2022

Let’s embrace technology, for our students!

Technology, it's everywhere! ESPECIALLY in the classroom. When I was in grade 8, I was finally given a cell phone. I was allowed to send 50 text messages a day. It took me about 1 week to learn how to use it. Now, we walk into restaurants and see kids on iPads, using their parents phones to play games, using their OWN phones to play games. A lot of people shake their heads, they see it as a new age phase that is robbing kids of human experience and learning. But I wonder, should we fight this? Or should we embrace it? Should we find ways to help students use technology to their learning benefit? 
I believe technology provides us with an opportunity to connect with students. If we can integrate technology in our class rooms to help students connect to learning, then we can change the way we view technology as a whole, and the way students view technology. Check out this link for some helpful tips and tools for integrating technology in the classroom! (And check out the video linked in the website!)


Courtesy of AimeeW@NU


No comments:

Post a Comment