Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Bite Sized PD

I have found a resource on Pinterest called “Bite Sized PD”.  It is a site that collects different ideas that can be used by teachers to improve different aspects of their professional life. I enjoy this site because it is just little sayings or small changes that can have a lot of impact on what you do in the classroom.  Some of the ideas can be used with children and the return can be very significant.  

One idea that I thought I would like to use is requiring the children to hand  in their work/test to a bin.  At the bin have 3 coloured highlighters for them to highlight their name.  They will choose green if they feel confident about how they did, yellow if they are unsure of how well they did or pink if they feel they did poorly.  Firstly, the benefit of the system is that the number of assignments without names will be reduced.  Secondly, it will introduce the idea of self monitoring and self assessment.  


I find this type of help beneficial because I don’t have a lot of time to read all sorts of articles and books on how to improve my class.  I do want to pick up tips and tricks and this format is very helpful.


Brought to you by: Angela@NU

No comments:

Post a Comment