Friday, March 31, 2023

Communicating Success

The conferences during the week at Niagara University were each highly informative and useful for candidates, they included a variety of resources, strategic teaching tools and effective components that will aid future teachers. Personally, I found the seminars on "Communicating for Success" and "Unpacking Resilience" to be the most beneficial to me. These conferences covered a number of crucial topics that, in my opinion, would be valuable to me as a future teacher. Both conferences provided us, prospective educators with useful information that we may use in our professions, and how to become more successful in certain areas in connection to these topics. Beginning with the "Communicating for Success" session, it covered crucial concepts that are critical for teacher success, such as how to build solid and fundamental communication and professional relationships with parents. I also believe that as a new teacher, this will be the biggest challenge for me to take on. 

I want to improve my ability to interact with parents more effectively in order for them to entrust me with their children's education and well-being in the classroom. Not to mention, having open lines of communication and a professional partnership with the parents which allows me to fully understand their child and personalize my instruction to meet their academic and emotional needs, which I believe is essential. This workshop outlined key ideas and steps I can take to assist me in doing so which I believe was quite resourceful.


The conference on "Unpacking Resilience" was quite educational and covered a variety of topics related to teachers' resiliency, strengths, and strategies for building on our optimism and commitment. The conference offered us helpful tools and recommendations that we can use to aid us with resilience, including understanding and implementing effective coping mechanisms, establishing personal priorities, preparing as we go, supporting our wellness, practicing mindfulness, and much more. Throughout this conference, it was discussed how important it is for prospective teachers to be proactive, open-minded, and practical. In order to adjust our thoughts and decisions and live a healthy and happy life, for instance, we might remind ourselves that the bad experiences only make us stronger, and embracing those healthy thoughts will stimulate wellness for us. This workshop also discussed the importance of accepting change and working out how to develop goals which can help our mental health and improve our resilience. I discovered that we may embrace our feelings during trying times and create a purpose that would help us overcome the tension or worry we may have. Also, I learned that seeking assistance can be vital for us, and that working towards my goals gradually will enable me to maintain my strength, attention, and contentment to the field. 

Nevertheless, I found both of these seminars to be exceptionally helpful, and I intend to apply everything I have learned in order to succeed as a teacher and be pleased that I made this career choice. The information provided me inspiration and a clear grasp of the proactive measures I can take and the crucial instruments I can implement in my classroom to help me manage with either my own challenges or the challenges my students are encountering, which I feel is incredibly significant. Being a teacher has its obstacles, and we must develop the resilience to rise above them. I think holding workshops of this kind may provide both new and seasoned teachers with tools and resources they can utilize to feel at ease. 

The in depth discussions, open-ended questions, and insightful strategies mentioned were exactly what we needed, and after these seminars, I feel more prepared, organized, and equipped for the profession.


Courtesy of Ninip@NUO-491

No comments:

Post a Comment