Friday, March 31, 2023

NUO Conference was Top-Notch

The two workshops I have chosen to reflect on are Unpacking Resilience by Jennifer Johnson and Ten Strategies to Create a Collaborative Classroom Culture by Tony Ceelen.

The first workshop Unpacking Resilience, was close to my heart since I believe it's a critical piece to learn about Resilience to assist in nurturing our students and enable students and teachers to heal from stress, failure, challenges, and events; it is crucial to have the necessary tools and resources in the classroom. In addition, students who have acquired Resilience have a constructive outlook and a strong sense of agency due to their life experiences. As a teacher, I aim to strengthen my Resilience and assist my students in doing the same. After attending the Unpacking Resilience workshop, I realized how crucial it is to provide children with Social Emotional Learning (SEL) tools they can use for the rest of their lives, like Captains & Poets. I appreciated the workshop's lessons, especially the reminders to have an open mind and heart and to draw strength from within.

Furthermore, I learned that accepting one's reality is a prerequisite to Resilience and that understanding the importance of getting things as they are and seeking solutions to issues is essential. I want to be an instructor who encourages and facilitates students' expressions of thankfulness. The books and materials provided in training will help me promote a culture of Resilience in my classroom. My class is going to make a crest or shield representing perseverance. I will never forget to use my Resilience as a teacher to help my pupils find their inner captains and poets and to show them how to take calculated risks.  


Courtesy of Nish@NUO-491

No comments:

Post a Comment